Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox not sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

km9v

MIS
Jan 11, 2011
US
I'm using CP 5. I have a mail box that needs to be shared between 2 DNs. The system says the second DN has no mailbox.

Mailbox number:2578 (primary DN)
Mailbox Shares DN: checked
Extension DN 1: 2578
Extension DN 2: 2333
MWI DN1: 2578
MWI DN2: 2333

What am I missing?

I've found shared mailbox announcement feature will not kick in until one or more boxes in the list have recorded their names and greetings. Could this be the case?
30n30w

Greetings are made. The mailbox works for the first DN.

I think you may be approaching this incorrectly.

In CP you need to have two different mailboxes - both sharing a DN

For example I have Mailbox numbers 23811 and 23812 with shared mailbox checked on both profiles and both have exten DN 2381 and callback 2381. Both have their own mailbox profile in CP. When both sets of names and greetings are recorded, then the shared box feature kicks in. There is no box profile for 2381.

Your example above is used when two numbers share the same mailbox, one set of greetings.

30n30w

I'm not sure that is what I'm looking to do. What I need is for the voice messages from 2 DNs to go to the same mailbox.

The Mailbox shares DN check box is used when two mailboxes share the same DN. You should clear this if what you are attempting to do is have two DN's share a mailbox. In this case, there is no second mailbox, all messages go to the primary DN mailbox and are retrieved from same.

Mailbox shares DN - one DN shares two unique mailbox numbers.

Two DNs share one mailbox - only one mailbox, one set of greetings.

30n30w

When you say "The system says the second DN has no mailbox." do you mean when you call the second number the system says the user doesn't subscribe?

if you do a quick search in CP manager, you wont find the second mailbox for the second DN because it doesn't exist.
you will only find the first DN mailbox - an advanced search could find the second number.

Sorry for the confusion, you were combining two different features and I mistakenly assumed that you were trying the shared mailbox feature.

30n30w

The system says "There is no mailbox at 2333" Mailbox shares DN should be unchecked then? It still tells me there is no mailbox.

Yes, in this case i wouold clear the checkbox - its only used for sharing a DN -not sharing a mailbox.
30n30w

Without seeing how your DN's and CP are setup, it's hard to troubleshoot.
Clear 2333 from the 2578 Mailbox and build it's own separate mailbox to confirm that calls made to 2333 wind up in voicemail correctly.

if that works, then delete the 2333 mailbox and modify the 2578 mailbox to have a second DN of 2333. If it still doesn't work, then delete 2578 mailbox and rebuild with the two DN's.

30n30w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back