Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Name Change ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxuser

Technical User
Apr 6, 2006
US
It's been a while but I seem to remember being told to NEVER change the name on a mailbox but to out it and rebuilt it to prevent data corruption.
We will be migrating to Avaya Red/Avaya Messaging soon and my engineers asked me to be sure that the names on the stations and the mailbox names match.
Since we are not running reporter, is there any issue with me changing the names on the mailboxes to prepare for migration in a few months?
Thank you for any replies.

I still wouldn't just change the names. I've seen too many issues caused by doing that to ever want to see it done again.

Either out it and rebuild it with the correct name or create a spreadsheet that cross references the old name to the proper name needed on the new system. Not sure what you will be moving them to on Red but I doubt there's a decent utility for importing from Blue anyhow that would do much more than create a new mailbox from a csv file.

Thank you, Wanebo - that was the way I was thinking too. Happy New Year to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back