Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Moves - High Folder Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntinlin

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2002
GB
Anybody had any mailbox moves taking a very long time when the folder count within the mailbox is very high?

e.g. I had a mailbox with 2925 folders that took over 4 hours to go from 'Initializing folder hierarchy' to 'Folder Hierarchy initialized' where it could start the actual sync.

Obviously item count is the main determinant of mailbox move times but I hadn't figured that folder count would be as well.

Cheers
Neill

Yes, have seen this on really large mailboxes too, in our case the overall sizes were between 8GB and 12GB.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

I can usually gauge how long a mailbox is going to take to move on a little time, lot of time scale going by item counts and mailbox size.

Folder count surprised me. Also unless I'm missing some easy way of doing it (which wouldn't be the first time) I can't see any way to get get folder count of a mailbox before I start move to gauge how long it will take.

get-mailboxstatistics doesn't give it and get-mailboxfolderstatistics will just show each folder without an overall count.

The guy aboves mailbox was only 1.5GB and 40,000 items or something. Not excessive in this day and age.

Cheers
Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back