Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox move is not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

willscarlet

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
GB

I have a VPN with a London server and New York server both running NT4/sp6a/exch5.5/sp4. Both exch55's are in the same site i.e. not using site connectors.

I initiated a mailbox move from London to NY at 09:30 today. The progress bar went to 18% fairly quickly but the display popup is now blank and has been so for 2 hours (it's now 12:15).

The mailbox owner will be starting work in the next hour.

Presumably you can't use the mailbox while its being moved. If my user insists that he has to use mail can I use Task Manager to kill the move without causing mayhem?

This is interesting way of doing it can you post what happened?

It all turned out OK!

I explained the risks to the user and we decided to leave it for another 45 minutes. Then I was called to attend to another problem and when I finally got back to the main server console the move had completed successfully (took over 4 hours). So it looks as though exchange just doesn't update the display very often. I had spooler message popups which overwrote the initial exchange display leaving the display in the blank state which gave me the jitters.

Phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back