Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg1000

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2002
US
I would like to find out if there is a way to setup the mailbox manager to alert users when they meet a certain criteria (such as # of days old) but only when they meet the criteria.

Here is what I have noticed: If I setup the mailbox manager to generate a report, it will generate that report regardless of whether or not the user's mailbox meets the criteria. So my question would be, is there a way to not send the report when there aren't any messages that fall within the selected criteria.

The purpose of the report, in my mind, would be to alert users so that they can clean out their old mail.

Also, if mailbox manager can't do this, is there a 3rd party plug-in that can?

TIA! MATT

It won't do that as far as I know.

You can have the report only goto the admin then e-mail these people.

Mailbox Manager is the enforcer. Enforce a policy and it will do this for them.

- "Move to Deleted Items folder"
- "Move to System Cleanup folders"

You could have it move to these and then have another policy delete these after so many days.

I personally think educating users is the best policy. I would never use this feature of the product because someone is going to complain sooner or later. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back