Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox limits 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanblc

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2003
US
I want to configure mailbox limits in Exchange 2000. I want to have different limits for different users. I know there is a way to do this, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.
Thanks.

To put a global mailbox limit go into System Manager under Exchange and browse to your Mailbox Store. Right click on the mailbox store and left click properties.

Click on the Limits tab and this is where you set your global mailbox limits for everyone.

So how do you bypass these limits for certain people. Well go into AD Users and computers and go into the properties of a user (right click on the user and left click properties).

Click on the Exchange General tab and then click on the Storage limits button. Untick the Use Mailbox storage limits and then set the limits in the boxes listed below.

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

I appreciate the information.
Thank you.

I followed the directions you gave, Nzarth, but the mailbox is still filling at the default settings. Is there a way to update the setting on the exchange server itself?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back