Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox limit messages sent to users not over the limit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2001
US
Info: User Mailbox Store issues a Warning at 47.5MB and prohibits Send at 62MB.

Several of my users are getting the Warning messages in their Inbox, even though they're nowhere near the Warning limit. One guy got a warning this morning, but his mailbox is only at 2.6MB !!

what on earth might cause this?

If I remember correctly this limit also includes Dumpster Items. Add the Deleted Items column in ESM and see if the totals add up to more than 47.5Mb for this user.

Neill

Remember to check that you've entered limits in byte's and not MB's.... done that once myself!!! :)

Iain

D'oh! I thought the Size column included the Deleted Items folder in its calculations. That was exactly his problem... the mailbox was only 3MB, but Deleted Items was 66MB.

I learn something new every day. Thanks a million!!

No problem.

It's really annoying and frustrating for the user because they can't see where the space is being used.

Neill

Outlook/Empty Deleted Items on Exit.

Quota includes Deleted Items but excludes dumpster (recoverable deleted items).

The users can see where the space is being used by:
right click their "Mailbox - Username" in the All folders list and select properties
Click the Folders button

this will breakdown all folders as well as give the overall mailbox usage. Zelandakh is right the recovery deleted items are not included but their Deleted Items are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back