Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mailbox just for forwarding to MULTIPLE mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

serkia

Technical User
Feb 22, 2006
CA
I would like to create a mailbox that will forward emails it receives to multiple mailboxes.

Ex: news@x.com forwards mail to user1@x.com, user2@x.com, user3@x.com

You can put the mailboxes you want to receive the mail into a group and then forward mail to that group.

That setting is in Exchange System Manager, and gives you the option to leave the original in the mailbox or delete it.

Another option is to create a public folder that the users share and give it the first mail address. This allows all to see all the mail, and would prevent the recipients from not being sure if the other recipients did any action on that mail.

Dan

Hi,

Why not create a distribution group which has an email address, and make the relevant people members of the group?

ie. Accounts Distribution Group - email: accounts@company.com

That way you can send an email to accounts@company.com and it will automatically deliver the email to all recipients.

It won't keep a copy of the message in its own mailbox, however you may not require this??

Cheers.

Thanks blakey2,

Thats eventually what I did after reading DanMIS response, cause I couldn't really find what he was referring to in Exchange System Manager, so I thought that he was referring to Distribution Groups.

I think you explained it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back