Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mailbox did'nt move

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastguy

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
US
Dear all ….i wanted to migrate from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 over win2k3 .Everything was going perfectly fine but somehow the mailboxes did’nt migrated

Well I have one exchange 5.5 on Win2k server and one Win2k server PDC where all users login.

Since I don’t wanna disturb my existing setup I installed Win2kservr on a new machine (for testing first) and promoted it as a domain controller. Next installed exch 5.5 and restore the information store through offline backup….

Next installed win2k3 server on another machine, promoted as a additional domain controller (Active Directory) . Than I fowllowed the steps on exchange deployment tools and everything was going fine , in between gave some errors but I sorted them out…..
I configured ADC and two way connection agreements then installed exchange….

Again when I ran AD Connection agreements it was giving an error abt connection with exchange 2003
In system manager I see exchange 5.5 and exchange 2003 . All mailboxes are in exchange 5.5 only and not in exchange 2003 ……
Plz help me find out where I have gone wrong or is there something else I need to configure…….

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back