Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Automatically Deleting Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeyh080

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2008
GB
Having a problem with a single user mailbox. The problem is the same using Outlook 2007 and through OWA in that any incoming mail appears for a finite time approx 30 seconds and then disappears. Originally I though perhaps another user was linked to the account perhaps removing mail but checked the permissions on the mailbox and it only has default settings. Tried disabling everything for this user apart from OWA and now his new messages are not disappearing. Problem is that he is unable to see the 172 other messages that his mailbox properties says is available. Planning on reenabling his ability to use Outlook but still not sure why OWA is not displaying all his messages or what has caused this problem. Event log shows no errors. Any idea how I can get his current mail box with all his old messages to be displayed in OWA if nothing else ?

Check for any rule created in Outlook, or mail downloaded directly to a pst file.

In outlook, view menu, current view, check that "messages" is ticked, rather than unread messages?

It sounds like "unread messages" is hiding his read ones, and auto preview is marking them as read after 30 seconds, hence them disappearing?

Hope that makes sense!

Have checked Outlook settings, No rules applied that could cause problem. The inbox messages disappear and do not show in the deleted items folder but if you select restore deleted items from menu you can get the messages to reappear for a short time before they are automatically deleted again. I'm not convinced this is an issue with Outlook but more towards the server side. Is there any way I can interogate this users mailbox through powershell to see if there are any weird things applied ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back