Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Auto-delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2000
US
I have a problem with GroupWise Version 5.5 set up to run from a network.&nbsp;&nbsp;One of my users keeps complaining about her mail disappearing.&nbsp;&nbsp;I checked her mailbox and it seems that her received mail keeps going into the Trash Can.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've checked the Cleanup Settings and the Rules but it still happens to all her received mail.&nbsp;&nbsp;I woudl appreciate any suggestions.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks.<br><br>Kris

Is it any received mail, or mail that she has received and opened?<br><br>To double check, I would go to environment and select everything to manual.&nbsp;&nbsp;Have her shutdown and restart and see how that goes.<br><br>If no success is found there, you may want to perform a new workstation install vs network install.&nbsp;&nbsp;All folders and files should remain for the user.<br><br>Hope this helps ~

The mail she has the problem with is only the newly received mail.&nbsp;&nbsp;She has created separate folders for all of her saved mail so I know that it's only affecting the incoming messages.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have tried the re-install as well and it didn't seem to affect it at all.&nbsp;&nbsp;I appreciate the advice, though.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'll keep trying.

Did you also check to make sure that, somehow, she hasn't created a rule to send all new mail to the trash? Go to <b>Tools, Rules</b>, and manually check each rule she may have set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back