Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox action leave mail transfer to Ext Greeting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

virgiliom

Technical User
Jan 14, 2016
CA
Hello, I'm trying to create a shortcut menu on the voicemail pro.

the plan is to receive the call, then give the option to choose 2 different languages, then select option 1 or 2 for the language, then have a message indicating the business hours, and then have the tone for customers to leave the message.

the issue is the way I have it right now, it goes to the greeting of the phone extension that I want to use for customers to leave voicemails, but I want it to go directly to the beep so customers leave the voicemail.

not sure if this is very clear

Screenshot_2023-03-14_131151_wxp84q.jpg

Can't recall if it plays the mailbox greeting but try replacing the two Leave Mail actions with Listen actions.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I usually use a voice question and in there I play the greeting and then record the message.

Avaya = differently programmed - same outcome

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Same as Westi, in the Voice Question, make the prompt ../Greetings/UserName_1.wav for the Mailbox's Greeting 1 and .../Greetings/UserName_2.wav for the Mailbox's Greeting 2. The user can maintain their own greetings from within their own mailbox.

Greetings_faymbd.jpg

TTT goes the extra mile again showing how it is done.
pink because a picture says ...

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

thank you so much guys I never used this options before, all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back