Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail won't open new viewer window

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikeswa

Technical User
Dec 13, 2003
US
Strange problem indeed.
I created a new subaccount on my G5 for a second user. Opened the new account, went to configure Mail and it wouldn't open a new viewer window. Even stranger, the more I click around trying to use keyboard shortcuts and menubar items, just to get Mail to do ANYTHING, it freezes up and I have to perform a Forced App Quit.

Checked Mail permissions, they look OK. I've repaired permissions several times. Running OS X 10.2.8 with minimal problems otherwise (I know, I just jinxed myself).

This is the first post I've seen in reference to this problem on any site. Any ideas?

I had a lot of toruble with Mail lately too. I can open the program, forget about it for 15 minutes and when I come back to it, it won't spring from the dock or do much of anything. Still haven't found a solution either but if I do I'll let yuou know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back