Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail to Notes Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesleyGilchrist

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm trying to write a script to enable a mail to be sent if there are problems with the application. The mail will go to a Notes server on the same network to route it to the necessary administrator, but I'm having trouble sending it. Sendmail is doing strange things - when trying to test the address (sendmail -bt) it tells me b is an invalid identifier, and when trying to use mailx (mail -s subject -r address) it tells me that this option should only be used when trying to send mail!!! I'm afraid mmdf is still a bit of a mystery.

Please help - I'm tearing my hair out :)

Thanks
Lesley

It might help to know what flavor of SCO you are running- uname -X would tell you.

Better check the man page for "mail"- most versions don't support -r.
Tony Lawrence
SCO Unix/Linux Resources tony@pcunix.com

The version is Openserver 5.0.5. All the man pages seem to be fine - they have the options in it but don't seem to work from the command line.

I should add that I've always used mkdev cf to configure sendmail in the past but there's no cf option in /usr/lib/mkdev.

When trying to configure mmdf using mkdev mmdf it tells me the forwarding host is unknown to the site even though it has the same domain and is set up in hosts, and can be pinged. I've used mmdftailor but it still down't want to know.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Many thanks
Lesley

I'm going to assume that you properly deinstalled whichever MTA you had before you installed the other. If not, or if you aren't sure, see
I have seen mmdf get confused about hosts that are plainly visible. I don't have a mmdf system to refresh my memory right now, but the problem was plainly obvious in one of the table files (NOT mmdftailor, but the sub-files). Wish I could remember what this was, but it stuck out like a sore thumb..

Tony Lawrence
SCO Unix/Linux Resources tony@pcunix.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back