Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail stuck in mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechInNeed

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
CA
How do I retrieve mail that seems to be stuck in a user's mailbox.

ie. From the Exchange Administrator Console. Under the Mailbox Store under a user's mailbox, it shows that there are two total items in a user's mailbox. But when I try to retrieve it from the user's workstation, no new messages are receieved and there are still in the mailbox.

Please help.

TechInNeed

Also check his calendars and tasks. If he ever had in mail pointed to the server has storage and added these items they will show up has an item in the storage. Quick way to do this if you are using outlook is to go to view and select folders. You will have one for mailbox and one for personal folders if you are using pst files. Look under all the option in mailbox. If it is that and it is in a calendar it may take a little while to find it.

Mike

Hi,
I am sorry, but I do not follow you correctly. I am using Outlook 2002. Can you elaborate on the instructions please.

Thanks in advance.

TechInNeed

Sorry about that. If the users mail was ever stored in their mailbox on the server instead of in local PST files than alything put in outlook (contacts, calendar events , etc) or also stored in that mailbox. When you think you have cleared all items from that box and they it still shows items that is usally where they are hid because all items show up as a message in that box when there are no actual emails in that box. Open rthe users outlook and then go up to view and select folder lists you will then get a window in your outlook that shows the user folders for that account. One top folder will be mailbox and another will be their local PST file and then one for Public folders if running an exchange server. Open the mailbox top folder and then you will see all the sub folders (ibox, contacts, calendar, etc) you need to look thru all of these items and remove anything not wanted. This is where the coount of items is most likey coming from.

Mike

Ah yes, now I know what you are referring to. I always use this view as it shows everything. I went through this and was not able to locate the missing items. I may have missed something. I will check again.

Thanks again

PS. are there no other possibilities?

TechInNeed

There maybe I just don't konw about them. This is where i found all mine.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back