Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mail spool re-spooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bammy217

Programmer
Sep 28, 2002
BE
Dear anyone,

Please help me!

We have an issue, we migrated our mail server, but the plonkers in the IT Team neglected to update our DNS servers...

as a result I have some 10'000 mails in the Undelivr folder of ColdFusion!

The positive, we have all the .cfmail file... the bad point is that when I copy these to the "Spool" folder they just wind up back in the Undelivr Folder...

can someone out there in cyberspace please give me a solution or a hint on how to re-spool all these files without having to re-generate the mails?

I have 6 affected servers running ColdFusion 5, MX6, MX7 and MX8 ...

the issue occurs on all 6.. as you can imagine this is a serious issue.

All new mails are being sent just fine, but if there is someone who can tell me how to respool the missed ones I'd be ever so gratefull as simply switching of the Coldfusion Service and copying the files back into the Spool folder is not working.

Many thanks,
B.

We never fail, we just find that the path to succes is never quite what we thought...

If you have not already succeeded, then take a look at SpoolMail ( This is a very handy plug-in that you can add to all your servers and at bulk move your emails to spool and/or re-send them.

I do not know of any better, unfortunately, but hope that helps.

Nitin

Coldfusion will cache the DNS record on its own outside of what the OS does. Ping the address from the server to ensure that it has the correct IP, restart CF and then move a few files back over to see if they send.

Here is a link to an article about CF caching DNS records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back