Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Server being blocked???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfoster06

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2007
US
I have an issue sending mail to one domain. I can telnet to port 25 on their mail server on any other machine but the exchange server. It gives me a "554 Transaction failed" message.
Additional note. We have a Double Check server which the mx record is pointing to. Last Thursday we configured an additional reverse pointer to the Exchange servers address with my ISP. We thought we might be on a black list but it seems that the exchange server is the only one that can't connect to the recipient server.
Any Ideas???
Thanks in Advance
Joe

Make sure you have an SPF record.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

I had this issue two months ago. We could receive all emails except one domain. Finally the admin at the other side used the second outgoing line (they have two Interent connections with two different firewalls) and the problem had gone.

It appeared the compatible issue between our firewalls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back