Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamafopa

MIS
Mar 1, 2001
CA
Does anyone know if there is a way to customize Mail Rules more than is allowed by the interface. Here's why

I have a user away from the office.
Mail rules set up to forward all his mail to his assistant
The mail forwards but does not include header information from initial sender as it normally would.

For example, if you get an email, open it the select "Forward", the new piece of mail will have a header that contains the To and From addresses of the original mail with the aliases, subject and send date. However if the mail rule does the forwarding, then the header is not completed.

Should mention that this is Outlook Express

Any ideas???

yamafopa!

you could always just get the user to give his assistant the relevant permissions to their mailbox/Inbox so that they can access the e-mails directly. Not too sure what security implications this would have for you though, depends on how strict you want to be with it. ________________________________________

The Collective known as
The UK Alliance

in tyhe mssag rules optyions you could try this
create a notepad or works style header saving to an easily accessible location ie desktop
and then set the rule option 2 select the rule
and chose reply with message
the rule will then prompt you to select the estination of the replyb and you can chose the file that you want to use as your heading hope this helps

I've not got access to OE at the present time, but will be able to have look at this tomorrow night for you and see if I can see anything.....but no doubt others will beat me to it on the forum ;-P ________________________________________

The Collective known as
The UK Alliance

UK - Thanks for your effort. I have been away from my machine for last couple, but still hoping to hear any suggestions.

Sa - Sorry I must not be quite recovered, but I am not sure I understand what you are driving at. Maybe you could elaborate?

Thanks to any and all...

yamafopa!

looking at my suggestion it isnt quite what you are after sorry would work for a header with an in built link but not quie a to/fro sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back