Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail rules in Outlook through Exchange 5.5??? HELP..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MungBean

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2003
NL
Hi all,

Ok the trouble I am having is, I am trying to setup a mail rules so that over the Xmas period, the boss's email is forwarded from his internal mail address to his home external address.

I have set this up through Outlook and when an email comes in it goes to the correct part of mailbox, then you see a message in outbox and in sent items the mail says that it has been forwarded.

However, the message never arrives in the designated external mailbox although Outlook is telling me that it has been sent.

I have also tried to set this up for my own account but it still does not work.

I am using OL2000 on my machine, and on the boss's it is OL98 and this is all going through Exchange 5.5 If I set this up through the server on the mailbox using an alternative address then this works fine..!!!!! So has anyone got any idea why these mails do not make it to their destination and where they do actually go since the sent items folders says its all gone fine..!!!!!

Grrrrr, silly problems :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back