Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail routing from DMZ domino server

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandfred

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2001
DK
hi all

I need some help setting up mail routing from my dmz server.
There is no trouble routing internal mail.
But mail sent from the DMZ (webmail) srever to external internet domians need to be routed to our internal servers and then to thier final destinations in the big world.

Security demands this, so I don't have the option to route the SMTP directly from the DMZ server.
This DMZ is already handling inbound mail all of which routes just fine to the internal servers.
Only outbound mail to other domiains are stuck at the DMZ server.
What do I do ?

Check to make sure that your DMZ server is able to communicate with your DNS server, and that your firewall is allowing SMTP outbound.

I don't want my DMZ server to send smtp mail. I want it to recieve mail only and let the internal servers handle all sending mail.
Even though the DMZ servers acts as webmail server, I still want the mail into the internal server and the out to whoever the mail is for !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back