Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail not going from queue folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirjon

Instructor
Jun 6, 2002
TH
Hi,

I was mailing out asp.net newsletters from localhost no problem until I changed to ADSL - Now the mails are not being delivered from the queue folder and in there are also files with an .eml extension as well as .eml.smp(?)

Any other settings I should consider please.

Cheers,

J

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A community development project in asp.net -

Well if it was working and now it's not, my first question, is your ADSL a residential or business type? If it's res. then your ISP is probably blocking port 25, which means your screwed. You can send on another port, but most servers out there won't accept it. If it's a business one then i would check your network conf, do a port scan, make sure your machine has that port open.

If it is residential and port 25 is blocked, you are not completely screwed. There are hosting companies that will send/receive mail to/from you Server on a different port (like port 80). An example is They have a service called Mail Reflector for $39.95/per year.

From there web-site:
No-IP's Mail Reflector service allows you to run a mail server, even if your ISP blocks port 25, the standard port number reserved for Internet mail. Often this is done to prevent the spread of spam, but it also silences legitimate mail traffic. No-IP Mail Reflector allows us to be the primary mail exchanger for your domain. When mail destined for your domain arrives at our servers, we forward it on to your inbound mail server, which can be on a different (and unblocked) port of your choosing. No-IP Mail Reflector also provides the same redundancy provided by No-IP's Backup MX server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back