Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Merging To a Word Table - How to add new rows automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfost

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2004
GB
I am trying to set up a mail merge from an access table to a word table. I have set it up as a catalogue so that I can display multiple records on one page. After setting up a table with five columns and putting the merge field in each column I then put the next record command after the last merge field in the row so that it will show the next record in the next row.

This works fine except that it will not add or remove extra rows in the table automatically so at the moment I have repeated the above commands ten times and am deleting the unneeded (blank) rows.

Is there a way of specifying that I want the table to start a new row for each record? The word document is in a very specific format so I am limited in terms of how much I can change its appearance. It also needs to be saved as a word document so I can't change it into a report either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back