Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail merges and adding country field

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebenz

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2007
CA
I have a mail merge setup, but it does not seem to save the "always use country," so I have to click on the first <<address block>> and mark that field, then make sure the mapped fields are correct. However, this only applies to the first label. I have 2500 more. How do I apply this update to all the address blocks on all labels?

on step 4 of your mail merge there is a button that says "update all labels". It is 3/4 of the way down the side panel.

My mail merge is on Office xp and only has 3 steps: Preview, Complete and Print.

I am using an existing mail merge which I had already setup with the Country field, but this setting does not get saved with the merge.

If I create a brand new one, I can apply the country to all the labels, but I need a template to use the country field each time.

You answered your own question.

"...If I create a brand new one, I can apply the country to all the labels..."

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

I am using custom sized labels and margins, so to have to have our users create a new label merge every time is a lot of work. I would think that creating a template would save the settings I have selected, which I guess it doesn't so it seems to be a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back