Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnice9

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2003
US
I have users that need to send letters to their customers, however each user has different letters and they frequently change the content of each individual letter. Rather then create many reports and have the ongoing maintainance nightmare, I would like to create a table in the database that the user can populate with their specific letter content.

What I wish to do is provide the users with field names and/or formula names that they can put into the database prior to populating the Crystal Report and in essence create a mail merge. The Report would have to know that a specific string of text coming from the database field would actually be a fieldname or formula and populate it dynamically.
I would prefer to have the users use an external program such as Word but unfortunitly this is not an option and must be done in Crystal.
I am using CR9 in an ASP application. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

C.Nice
RealTime Information Technology Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back