Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Merge - XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

msoffq

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
US
Suppose I create a list of people to send out invoices to, and just prior to doing a merge, I get a few more invoices thrown on my desk. I proceed to add the extra data in within the Mail Merge Wizard. How can I save the information that was added back to the original file I called upon for the data?
Here's what happened. I created a list, called it up during the merge process, added about 50 more "people" and when I went to MERGE, the PC froze. When I rebooted, the original data file I had created was still there, BUT EMPTY!!!
I have decided that in the future, I will always make a "copy" of the data before going to Word. My question is how do I update the file with "late entries" added within the Wizard, prior to proceeding with my merge.
I have the IT guys checking out why it froze, but can't afford to lose another two hours work retyping my data. BTY, this data is never the same.

I have not used Mail Merge in XP yet, but I hear you are almost forced to use this wizard. Wizards usually take away a lot of options. I am interested in hearing more on this. If it ain't broken, play with it till it breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back