Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Merge Word to Excel missing columns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazminecat23

Programmer
Mar 16, 2007
US
Hi - I am doing a mailmerge from excel to word, and when I go to insert the merge fields, it doesn't show all the columns in my worksheet. I have cleared and reset the print area, rearranged the columns, copied the data in to a NEW workbook, and even renamed the area I wanted (and it didn't show up as a named area in word), and cannot see this new column of information to merge it into my memo. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hi,

"Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?"

Not without a crystal ball.

Or...

if you care to provide more information.

Where is your table (range)

Are ALL the columns & rows contiguous?

Please copy 'n' paste your column headings.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

column headings:

Supervisor Customer No. Customer Name Department Invoice Date Description Amount

the data is contiguous. All rows have something in every column. there are no empty cells in the print area. There are no empty columns, cell A1 contains the word Supervisor above.

oh, and the range is A1:G19. and that is the only data in the worksheet, and the only worksheet in the workbook.

This has nothing at all to do with PrintArea, although you could use the PrintArea named range as the data source OR the Sheet Name, assuming that there is no other data on this sheet.

You are you defining the source data table range to the MailMerge Wizard?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...

I have tried it both as selecting the print area in the mail merge wizard, and selecting the entire sheet in the mail merge wizard. It shows everything except the supervisor column in *both* instances. It's like that column just doesn't exist to MSWord for some reason. And it has no formatting differences from any of the other text columns. I checked.

When you copied the data to amother workbook, did you copy the DATA on the sheet or did you copy the SHEET?

Try the former.

Skip,
[sub]

Data. I highlighted only the data, and pasted it into a new workbook.

I am at a loss.

Try Help > Detect & Repair in your Word Application and Excel for that matter.

Skip,
[sub]

LOL. Me too Skip. I will give that a try, and see what happens. Thank you so much for all your suggestions though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back