Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mail merge using fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesmith

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2001
IE
i'm trying to create a mail merge facility for our staff / clients to be able to enter the letter text in a field in sql, then use that through a web page to create a mail merge using fields from another SQL table.

But my question is, can i specify in a field differences such as allignment, size, bold etc so they will show in the letter.

I've thought of another possible way to do it, but that will be involved within ASP..

Any help appreciated, cheers

Dave

If you are asking if T-SQl can provide formatting, the answer is no. You'll need to do the formatting at the client.

If I've misunderstood the question, please let me know. Terry L. Broadbent
faq183-874 contains some tips and ideas for posting questions in these forums. Please review it if you have time.

No....
I don't actually think its possible, the way i think i'm going to have to do it is....

Fields... LetterID, LetterSection, Text
i.e. 132 1 (in bold)holidays
132 2 section 1 of letter

and so on.

I'm working in ASP and so i will have to work out through that how to put boldness etc for a field class.

I'm sure i can work it, just take a bit of time, plenty of other stuff to do before i actually have a go.

Cheers

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back