Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Merge in Act! 2007 EX Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSPensions1

Vendor
Dec 1, 2010
US
When I create a mail merge in Act for lets say 100 contacts I get one file with 100 letters in it. What I would like to do is to save each letter to each contact of mail merge individually. Is there a way to do that? I have not been able to locate any information on this. If I save the merge to HISTORY when I click on that bit of history I would like to see only the letter or correspondence created in the merge that applies to that particular contact, not all 100 letters and have to search for the particular contact's letter.

Thanks Tim

Yes, I realize that. I don't usually attach something like this to History. Our business deals with tracking a lot of peoples' investments and IRS and DOL regulations. We need to save letters from an ACT mail merge individually into our electronic filing system by client. The only way we see to do that now is send the merge and scan everything individually into each clients account which takes a lot of time when you consider a 7 page mail merge for 700 clients. I was just thinking that here must be an easier way. Maybe it is not possible in Act!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back