Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail merge command button and adding new business information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soorags

MIS
Mar 19, 2007
GB
On my database system I have a View Directory form. On this form I have a 'Use Mail Merge Facility' button. I would like to be able to select companies from the subform and then click on this command button. I want this command button to then open up Microsoft Word Mail Merge so that a letter template (for example) is displayed and available to be sent to the selected companies. How can I make this happen?

Also, on the Amend Directory -- Add Business Information form, I would like to be able to enter new business records and then save them. As seen, this form is already displaying existing business information. If I use the mouse scroll button (the third button on most new mice) the form scrolls through all existing records to the very end, where there is a blank record. Here I can enter a new business record which saves automatically. How can I make it possible to enter new records on the form without having to scroll all the way through existing information to the bottom? I do not know how to scroll through the information via keyboard, only by using the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back