Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail manager notifications 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deesuper

Programmer
Aug 24, 2003
DE
I have exchange 2000 sp3.
How can i configure mailmanager to send message notifications *ONLY* to the users who's mailbox has reached the maximum allowed.

Please advice.

Delson.
delsonn@hotmail.com
The Netherlands.

The mailmanager processes all user mailboxes and sends them a notic like this... "The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has performed an automated cleanup of your mailbox"
Now i know this notice can be enabled or disabled.
But my question is: how do you configure mailmanager to send a message to the users who's mailbox are over the limit.

Delson.

Open ESM

Navigate to Mailbox store

Right Click, properties

Limits tab

fill in the send warning tickbox and details

Alternatively, do it in ADUC if you haven't set global limits

Paul

Great, your answers has helped a great deal!!!

I assume the limits set through EMS applies to all users.
And i assume the limit set per user through ADUC has a higher priority. Am i right? or wrong?

Where can i change the default notice messages. I want to translate the messages to Dutch.

Thanx a lot for your help so far.

ESM applies to all users and ADUC over-rides it. Don't know about translating the message, I assume your reginal settings etc are all OK.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Correct on both counts

I am not sure where you can change the language on the notification, might be worth posting a new topic on this forum for that one ?

Good luck with it !

Paul

You guys have been usefull and deserve the star.
I will post a new topic about the translation matter.

Regards,
Delson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back