Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Loop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcse63

MIS
Jan 7, 2003
US
Hello all,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to submit this, but I am pulling my hair out. I have a server with IIS 5 installed that has a website that sends mail from the apps on the pages. The smtp service is setup to send mail to a distribution list that I have created on my exchange 2000 box. The IIS box sends to my External dc which forwards to my exchange box and then sends the message to the people on the distribution list. At least that is how it is supposed to work. Instead I get the error message below.

vent Type: Warning
Event Source: smtpsvc
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4000
Date: 10/22/2003
Time: 3:24:37 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WWW1
Description:
Message delivery to the remote domain 'mail.something.com' failed for the following reason: Unable to deliver the message because the destination address was misconfigured as a mail loop.

any help would be greatly apprecieated

I'm having the same problem after installing/uninstalling GFI Mailsecurity. Getting the error 'Unable to deliver the message because the destination address was misconfigured as a mail loop'. Anyone have any ideas??? I'm pulling my hair out too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back