Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail List

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadler

MIS
Feb 28, 2001
US
Is it possible to start a mailing list on exchange 2000, or do I need different software to accomplish that. I am looking to set up something like the yahoogroups type thing where people can interact to each other thru email. Second, I would like to have a distribution list set up to send out to multiple people on our client list and if they do not want to be on the list, they can remove themselves, or send a request to be removed. What is the best solutions for this?
Thanks

Exchange itself does not have built in capabilities to add/remove users from a distribution group on it's own. It does have the capability to send a message to everyone on a distribution list automatically, it is just the administration that isn't automated.

However there are 3rd party products out there that will take care of the automation of the subscribe/unsubscribe feature.

Mailing List 3rd Party Applications:

How to create a Distribution List in Exchange 2000:
Thank you,
Frank Mirecki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back