Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail List that can automatically send email

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCrou82

Programmer
Aug 23, 2002
US
Does anyone know of any php or even Perl Mail list managers that can send email automatically. I have a client who wants to have a mailing list and create the email lets say in the morning to be sent out the next day in the afternoon (specific times). I've only been able to find Mail list managers in general, but haven't seen one that can automate the sending of emails. It doesn't have to be freeware.

Thanks

Using windows or unix/linux? You could create a task in windows or a cron job in unix/linux that can run a .php script doing whatever you want(i.e. email a list of folks)

how would I create a cron job. I've attempted to create cron jobs before for something else, but it never worked. I was creating a cron job to create directories on my webserver. if i could do that, the email thing might fall in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back