Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail-In Database Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

horna

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
I setup a mail-in database on the server. I also setup an agent to send the newly arrived e-mail, out to a list of users. After the user receives the e-mail, they read it, then try to hit the "Reply" Button. Of course, the server name pops up in the "To" Field, which is correct because that is where the mail-in database e-mail came from.

Now, instead of replying to the server name, is there is way to substitute the original person's address, which is in the e-mail sitting in the mail-in database, ORRRR is there a way to include the original address, each time the mail-in database sends an e-mail to the users?
Thank you for your assistance.
Server = 7.0.2, and users 6.5.2.

Take a look at the TeamMail template from openntf.org - it does what you're trying to do.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at it.

Or you could change the Memo form and include a ReplyTo field with the mail-in name of the database.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back