Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail from ASP without SendMail utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkinnea

Programmer
Sep 30, 2002
US
Hello all,

I am still feeling my way through ASP...

I am developing an input form so users can add items to an event calendar. I have things set up so that the information is dumped into an Access2000 database with an indicator showing it is an inactive item.

I would like to be able to have an e-mail sent to 1.) The person who entered the event so they can respond to me and 2.) To me, so I know something has been entered so I can flip my indicator to active.

The web host I'm using does not have the SendMail utility, which I had previously found an easy script for. They suggested Perl, which I know not at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions? At the very least, I'll probably set something up so that when I hit the page, I'll have an indicator secreted somewhere that I can check, but it would be easier to have an e-mail sent.

Thanks,
Kristen

how about using the Formmail script

which is written in perl

[sup] [/sub]

[lol]
wrong browser window.

that link should be

[sup] [/sub]

I need a form to work on a Windows machine. I have an fmail program that works fine with a Unix sendmail file, but I need the Windows equivalent of sendmail and/or a formmail file that works with the Windows sendmail equivalent. (I'm asp illiterate!) Any help appreciated. AMc

Should I stay or should I go? Thanks & Goodbye, Joe.

depending on what you are running server wise you shouldn't have any issues using any of the components for ASP to mail the form. CDONTS.DLL, CDO.DLL, smtpsvg.dll and on..

check to see if any of these are in your system32 directory and if they are register them.

upon that set SMTP up on IIS
ASPMail CDONTS CDO
and on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back