Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mail forwarding from exchange 2000 to other mail service

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxfaj

MIS
Aug 8, 2001
US
does anyone out there know if you could enable Exchange 2000 to forward email to another email service? i.e. yahoo. if so how? thanks a bunch

Administrative Tools; Active Directory Users and Computers; select user; properties; Exchange General Tab; Delivery Options.

Peter

Hi there !

And a following question from me : How can I get Exchange to deliver & recieve Mails from an external service ?
The same, or a similar way ?
( Sorry for the possibly stupid question, I'm completly new to exchange server ... :) )

[ The problem is the following : I have a small office network and want to use Exchange for internal delivery and for forwarding.
Any mails going outside should be send from the exchange server to an external server, and this external service should to the delivering . The Exchange server should also recieve mails from this external service. ]

Thanks for your patience and help !
Greetings and a nice weekend !

roland

Hey Roland,
ALl you need to do is configure the SMTP connector to relay all mails to the external server. .. through exchange system manager configure for a new SMTP Connector and there configure it to forwar alla mails to the smart host with ewither its IP Address or host name.. it should be a FQDN though... like host.domainname.com....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back