Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail files thrown into quarantine, W32.Sober.I@mm virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ei8ball

MIS
Jul 17, 2002
US
This may not be the right place due to it being a virus, but I thought I might get a more accurate response in the hands of notes professionals. This is the second time this has happened to a mail file on our domino server. We are using NAV and a user's entire nsf mail file will be thrown into quarantine. I try and run the virus removal tool on it inside the quarantine folder, but it doesn't detect the virus. If I restore the file it just gets thrown back into the quarantine once I fire domino back up. I fear I'll have to restore this from the tape again, but that means she will lose todays email. Anyone else run into this?

You were born an original. Don't die a copy!

We had this happen. Symantec with convert the file to a VBN file. We moved this to a computer off the network. Disabled realtime protection and then ran Qextract.exe (a tool free from Symantec) to get the nsf file back. You can then clean the file. Below is a link to symantec's article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back