Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mail delivery error after changing web hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePL

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
Our school department changed hosts for their email service, (keeping the same domain name). While our department still uses the original host. Now when we try to send them email, we get the following error:
"Mail Delivery Message = Warning: message 1DRAc1-0003nd-8M delayed 240 hours."
We can't send mail to anyone who quit our host, (however they can email us). The only way we can email them is by using another account, such as Yahoo, etc.
We're wondering if anyone has seen this problem before?
Our website provider isn't sure what the problem could be.

Most likely an MX record thing. Hopefully, your new email hosting service has registered your MX record.

You then need to notify your original email host, and make sure that your service with them has been cancelled, and that they are no longer hosting your MX record.

After that it might still be a wait of a few days, depending on how long your previous hosts TTL (Time To Live) is set at for DNS recognition and resolution.

cheers.gif

Help! I've fallen and I can't reach my beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back