Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Bounces when Inviting Distribution List

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceB7

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2002
GB
This is a wierd one.
When a user adds a calendar item into their personal calendar, and invites the "Everyone" Group (A distribution List with all users) they get a bounce back message from a user who has been deleted from the server.
The message is:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test 2
Sent: 26/09/03 10:09

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Lynn Pepper on 26/09/03 10:09
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=AXIS;l=AXIS01-030926090838Z-534
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:AXIS01:AXIS01

Server is an SBS 4.5, Running Exchange 5.5 with SP4?

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great, and I have checked to see that the user has been deleted, and that she is not in the list. I have even deleted and re-created the list.

Thanks in advance

Check no one in the DL has a rule set to forward to the deleted user.

Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I

Is there a way to do that without going to everbodys Outlook and checking? From what I know rules are all part of your outlook profile, which are stored locally?

As a matter of interest, is there anyway to have the rules and out of office reply settings work without being logged in to oUtlook?

Appologies for the late reply.

We have checked each user for any auto forwarding and can not find anything, I am not sure if there would be anything in Outlook Rules. We are looking through everyones rules to see if there might be anything.

At the momment there seems to be nothing out of place?

We have solved this.
There was a Manager who had the user as one of his delegates, we have removed this and it has worked.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back