Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magnetic Door Phone installation

comfortinntechci.com

Systems Engineer
Mar 24, 2024
US
I have an IPO 9.0 that the client is using an old Airphonoe door intercom and door controller.

I want to be able to replace the Airphone so the calls from the Avaya analog door phone that will ring handsets in a group and then allow the user to press a touchtone button to release the mag lock.

Are there detailed instructions for the installation of this setup. I would assume that I would need to install the Avaya Universal door controller but I am not sure how to wire and configure.

Thanks

From a very basic perspective the controller acts like a CO line and connects to an analog CO port that would have an assigned incoming call route to ring a group. What you would need to figure out from the aiphone is where the relay contact is for the door release and connect the relay from the bogen to those wires.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back