Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix to IPO via PRI - split data 3430 adtrans 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMARC

Technical User
Jul 12, 2007
US
I have been working on an IPO to Magix integration. Does anyone have the step by step for programming a PRI on the Magix? I am getting clicking on the IPO side only. According to AVAYA tech tip 134 the Magix should be on Merlin PBX. There are also Adtran 3430 between the PBX's on the PTP. I am not sure they are accounting for the Adtrans. I am not a Magix guy either, accept MACD work. I understand it and know my way around if I had the programming steps.

Anyone that can dial in and do it? I just need to get this finished.

This might help...

1. Set Frame Format to Extended Super Frame
Lines Trunks=>LS/GS/DS1=>enter slot + Enter =>Frame Format=>Extended Super Frame=>Enter.

2. Set Suppression
Lines Trunks=>LS/GS/DS1=>enter slot + Enter =>Suppression=>B8ZS=>Enter.

3. Change Type to PRI.
Lines Trunks=>LS/GS/DS1=>enter slot + Enter =>Type=>PRI=>Enter.

PRI MENU

4. Set Switch Type.
Lines Trunks=>PRI=>Switch Type=>make choice+Enter.

5. Program B-Channel Group.
B-Channel Group=>B-Channel=>When prompted for b-channel group, type 1+ Enter.
When prompted for B-Channels, enter in the form: slot/B-Channel(sspp)
starting with B-Channel 23 and working down to B-Channel 1. Example: if slot is 4,
type 0423, enter, 0422, enter, 0421, enter, ect……….0401.
Return to B-Channel Group menu.

6. Program Lines.
Lines=> when prompted for b-channel group, type 1 + Enter=>enter line trunks (1st 23 only).

7. Set Network Service.
Ntwk Svc=>Misc=>CallByCall=>Enter.

8. Set Incoming Routing.
Incoming Rtg=>Dial Plan=>Enter.

Back

9. Program Dial Plan Routing.
Dial PlanRouting=>Service=>0=>Misc=>Any=>Enter.
Exit back through Dial Plan Rtg menu to PRI menu.

Back

10. Program Outgoing Table.
Outgoing Table=>CBC Svc=>Pattern=>when prompted for list and entry numbers, enter 00=>Enter.
When prompted for pattern number, enter: 0=>Next(F9)=>1=>Next=>2=>Next……..8=>Next=>9=>Enter.

Back

11. Set Network Service.
Ntwk Svc=>Misc=>No=>Enter.

If this is a general use PRI, you must change the Special Service Table as follows:
PRI=>Outgoing Table=>Special Svc=>Del Digit=>When prompted for entry number, enter 0 + Enter.
Change entry to 0=>Next=>change entry to 0=>Next, ect until all entrys, 0-7 are 0.

The Adtrans in the middle will have little effect unless they are configured to drop channels for data use etc.

If that is the case, you would just need to configure the "B" channels that are assigned in the Adtran for such use and verify that channel 24 is assigned to the port for the PRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back