Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix single line phone question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi,

Does the Magix system have a feature that allows a single line phone ext to dial out on a specific out side line depending on the situation. For an example, I have VOIP for lines 1 and 2 and blue tooth cell adapter on line 3. Some times I need to access line 3 and other times line 1 or 2.

Basically allowing the user to specify which line to dial out on the single line phone ext.

I think the Panasonic KX-TD816 has a feature like this..

Thanks

If you put the lines into 2 separate line groups, and gave them pool dial out access. You would also have to consider your ARS for dial 9 calls, to use the first pool and then the 2nd pool, so extensions dialing 9 can still get out.

Thanks TouchToneTommy,

When I chose pools in the system programming it beeps so its not enabled or will not work in key system mode. Now I am wondering if I switch to hybrid/pbx mode would do to the system.

Thanks

Yes, you need Hybrid/PBX mode to allow pools, then remove the lines from Pool 70, add line 1 to pool 890, line 2 to pool 892. Then you can go back and add a pool 890 button to each phone where Line 1 would have appeared, pool 891 to where Line 2 would have appeared.

Suggest you back up the programming to the PCMCIA card first, then change modes, see if it meets your needs, if not you will be able to go back to key mode and restore.

Thanks TouchToneTommy..

While I was playing around with it, it looks like you can only add one line to a group and not 2 lines.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back