Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix remote call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackBasham

Vendor
Mar 30, 2010
US
I am installing Magix to replace Partner ACS control unit in order to provide customer remote call forwarding with delay. The T1 in Partner is providing DID #'s. I programmed T1 with TIE trunks to make DID's work. Inbound and outbound calls work. I have programmed phone for TRK to Trk transfer. When inputting forwarding number, I have tried using a pause after 9, before #, and anywhere else I could think of. When calling out I have entered # after number to see if network is disconnecting (AT&T does), but it is not. I programmed lines on to main console (only 8 trunks)to see if trunk was accessed. It was and when I picked up line to listen all I got was dead air. Eventually my inbound call just drops.

It is not a PRI. Since I was not having trunks provisioned as loop start, I did not set reliable disconnect. worth a try. I believe I set trunks as TIE-PBX in order to have DIDs work.

What VERSION is the Magix ?
I "think" (scary) anything before v3 does not have the Delay, or cant do the cascade notification thing ..

A few things that need to be ...
----------------------------------
Restriction (under extensions) set to 3

ARS Restrict (under extensions) set to 3

REMOTE FORWARD add the extensions allowed to Off-Net Forward

Add extensions to Trk to Trk Transfer.

Check the Allowed/disallowed lists for something with that extension possibly

You said REMOTE CALL FORWARD .... Do you mean your users want to enable/disable forwarding from
outside the office ..? They can do that using REMOTE ACCESS. (you need to make remote access a DID number though)

You may get "dead air" on a trunk if the carrier is NOT providing dial tone. (often they dont when it's a straight T1 with DID's)

Can you place a call from the console on one of the Direct Trunks ?

You shouldn't need any extra entries in the number, other than 91xxx-xxx-xxxx#
The forward number MUST end with a pound sign ONLY if it's going Off-Net

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

Have you turned on remote call forwarding for the extensions you wish to have this feature ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back