Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix PRI issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxsmith

Vendor
Oct 17, 2012
US
I have a customer whose Magix PRI went down on Friday last week. Windstream said it was their equipment. This has been inservice for over a year. I replaced DS1 board to no effect. I replaced processor because I saw some invalid sanity response and command buffer full errors. No effect. I then replaced entire 2 cabinet system, from cabinets out, including every module. No effect. On Tuesday Windstream sent out a tech with a TBird who connected to the smart jack and was able to make and recieve calls. So they again blame equipment. I then built 2 more systems, one is a r2.0 and the other a r.2.2, one with DS1 and the other with DCD. defaulted both processors and built the PRI programming according to the given protocol (esf, b8zs, 23 b channels, 23 trunks, pool 70, etc) yet still cannot make or recieve calls. Demand Test passes both board controller and loopback tests. Alarm light on board goes out when connected to smart jack, but I still have sporadic pri service state inconsistent and pri service audit timeout errors, as well as misframe errors. And still cannot make or recieve calls. I know I have good equipment, I believe my programming is correct, yet I am stumped on where to go next. Carrier is insistent that this is my equipment problem. I have programmed pool 70 onto phone to remove any possible ars or routing issues. Am i losing my mind or does this have to be a Windstream network issue?
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I did ask them that and they say it is and has been ATT Custom or 5E. It took them a little while to verify but that is what they say. Here is my PRI setup:

A PRI INFORMATION

A Slot 5 Switch: 5ESS

A System: By line

A BchnlGrp #: Slot: TestTelNum: NtwkServ: Incoming Routing:
A 1 5 CallbyCall By Dial Plan

A Channel ID: 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14
A 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4
A 3 2 1

A Line PhoneNumber NumberToSend
A 805
A 806
A 807
A 808
A 809
A 810
A 811
A 812
A 813
A 814
A 815
A 816
A 817
A 818
A 819
A 820
A 821
A 822
A 823
A 824
A 825
A 826
A 827

A Network Selection Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3
A Pattern to Match: 101**** 10***

A Special Service Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A Pattern to Match: 011 010 01 00 0 1
A Operator: none OP OP OP/P OP none none none
A Type of Number: I I I N N N N N
A Digits to Delete: 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0

A Call-By-Call Service Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3 4
A Pattern 0: 0
A Pattern 1: 1
A PRI INFORMATION

A Pattern 2: 2
A Pattern 3: 3
A Pattern 4: 4
A Pattern 5: 5
A Pattern 6: 6
A Pattern 7: 7
A Pattern 8: 8
A Pattern 9: 9
A Call Type: BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH
A NtwkServ: No Service
A DeleteDigits: 0 0 0 0 0

A Entry Number: 5 6 7 8 9
A Call Type: BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH
A NtwkServ:
A DeleteDigits: 0 0 0 0 0

A Dial Plan Routing Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3
A NtwkServ: Any service
A Expected Digits: 0 0 0 0
A Pattern to Match:
A Digits to Delete: 0 0 0 0
A Digits to Add:

A Entry Number: 4 5 6 7
A NtwkServ:
A Pattern to Match:
A Digits to Add:

A Entry Number: 8 9 10 11
A NtwkServ:
A Pattern to Match:
A Digits to Add:

A Entry Number: 12 13 14 15
A NtwkServ:
A Pattern to Match:
A Digits to Add:

I had a client that worked fine for over 6 months than crashed. Same thing, blamed the equipment, blamed the equipment, I swapped out everything with the same results. Verified Custom 5ESS with their techs. After the second day of being down I was talking to someone who said it is set to 5ESS, not "legecy 5ESS. They are different. Once they switched it to legacy 5ESS it came back up and has run fine for over a year now.

They say ATT Custom/5ESS is what they are set for. Windstream now says the circuit did not pass a stress test overnight. We are now waiting on Verizon to test their circuit. It's strange that the red light goes out in the DS1 when we connect, but we continually recieve errors and cannot loopback to the external smartjack. And Windstream could make/recieve calls on their tbird, but we cannot.

We brought in an IP Office to test with, the IP Office can make calls if it's set to either NI1, NI2 or 5ESS, works either way. Looks like maybe the IP Office will default to NI1 when completing a call even when set to 5ESS? The provider says they are getting a call rejection notice (CV incoming calls barred is the term they used) from the Magix when inbound calls are sent to it, yet they will complete to the IP Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back