Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix paging through the phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonedude

Vendor
Aug 20, 2001
US
I have a Magix R1 ver 7. I know I have an "all call" 799. I believe the other groups are 793-798. Can extensions be removed from the 799 group. Is there a limit of 10 in the 793-798 groups?

799 is absolute...you cannot remove any extensions. And yes, there is a limit of 10 extensions per group for 793-798. It may be necessary to assign just a few phones per area...if you just have one per room, and that phone is in use, the room will not hear the announcement.

By the way, you can renumber the paging group (under system renumber, group page) to a more easily remembered number, possibly even 1 or 2 digit length.

And antoher thing...

r7 of Legend and all releases of Magix have the ability to have voice calls delivered ONLY WHEN THE EXTENSION is idle.

This may be the answer to your issue...

Centr Program > more > more > more > Voice Ann > Receive > Idle....

I can't believe this is so limited. I have a 4 story building with 60 extensions, probably 30 rooms and 4 separate companies. Our Iwatsu system can have 30 groups with 64 extensions in each.

With Magix R3, you can have 3 Paging Ports (Loud Speaker Paging) and then you could associate each of those to a seperate Voice Page Zone (the one that comes out over the phone).

So you could have 10 Phones spread out in a given area to hear the Paging over the Phone and A Loud Speaker Paging system to pick up the slack.

That's the only other option I can think of in your situation.

If I were to turn the Voice Announce function on an extension to be "always off" does that mean that if someone uses the "intercom Voice" button to call the extension, that the extension will just ring, instead of the speaker phone turning on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back