Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix in Key Mode, two questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcosfrank

Technical User
Jan 5, 2006
US
I have a Magix R3 system. My users have two requests. Have voicemail pickup only for 'their' lines. The have all of the line appearancs on their phones and it seems like the wrong extension is picking up.

Secondly, they would like to forward their phones off-net. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean by "have voicemail pick-up ONLY for THEIR lines"? Could you explain with an example or two what they want. And, yes they can program their phones to call "off-net" (I assume you mean remote forward a call to an outside number or cell phone). You would have to authorize the specific extentions involved for remote forwarding thru centralized programming and they would have to either program a forwarding button on their phone or you would have to set up an adjunct with authorization code that they could use for that purpose.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

And - remind them - that when they use remote forwarding - they are tying up two lines - one for the incomming call and one for the forwarding of the call to another telephone, cell phone, etc. So if multiple people will be using this feature simultaneously - they will quickly run out of available lines.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Use "Principal User" under the lines/trunks menu to assign which extension's mailbox should answer which line.

Assign Trunk to Trunk transfer and Remote Call Forward to each extension, and also LS-Disconnect should be turned on for the lines.

Tom and Tommy,

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try and let you know how I make out.

Not pertaining to your problem but the Magix systems that I install I always go off hook on the intercom and dial the code #31. It will turn on privacy without wasting a button. If you don't they will be able to step on each others calls. If privacy is on #31 won't turn it off, it isn't a toggle, off is another code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back