Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix in house test & training system

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtt

Vendor
Aug 8, 2008
US
Looking at buying an inhouse Merlin Magix system to train myself on.

What do you think of this for 400.00. Can you tell me what I have here with this system description. Will this be enough for me to get started?

Thanks!

2- MAIN CABINETS WITH POWER SUPPLIES

1- 700253461 617X33 PROCESSOR W/CKE5/SOFTWARE

1 - 700210909 617T15 100 DCD W/CABBLE

3- 100514423 617B52 412 TDL LD-ID

1 - 100513953 617D31 800 ICLID GS/ID

you have a working cabinet with processor version unknown, a t-1 card a 4 line 12 digital station card and a 8 line card. Apparently no vm card.

Almost......The system has (3) 412 TDL modules.

While having a T1 module in the system can't hurt, being able to check for proper programming may be tough unless the location has a T1 present.

So the system, as configured, will support 20 POTs lines, up to 24 digital ports and 36 extensions.

If the processor is a 617X33, chances are good that it is an R4.

To make the system "complete" you would want to add a voicemail (Avaya Merlin Messaging R4 would be a good choice) because most Magix systems do utilize voicemail and knowing how to set it up is part of the training process.

The R4 processor does have a utility that will automatically do a basic setup of the voicemail system. The voicemail and a 2 or 4 port license will add quite a bit to the "bottom line", because Magix hardware was on the expensive side to begin with.

Adding a 4424LD+ and, maybe, a 4424D+ would be worth it.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

and why do you have two main cabinets with only one processor?

The 2nd is probably an expansion carrier. The main carrier is full (processor & 5 expansion modules).

I assume the ext. can support analog set like the Partner?

Based on the posted hardware list? No.

You would need to add a 016 T/R to be able to connect single line devices, or a 016 ETR to add Partner telephones. With the ETR, you can configure the last 6 (I think) ports to use with T/R devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back