Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAGIX Direct VM Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tighttuk

Vendor
Nov 1, 2002
I have a Merlin Magix R2.2 with a 6 port VM R2.5 ,I have created a over-flow group so that they will have 4 rings before the auto-attendant answers and then I put a general pick-up button on all extentions to handle calls if the operator is unable to answer calls. My problem is that no one can put a call directly into some ones VM , I have put a button for direct VM transfer but when they use this it comes back to them saying transfer incomplete.I have made sure that they are doing this correctly, any help would be greatly appreciated

Direct voicemail feat 56 or *56 will not work if the extension you are directing too is not in the coverage group for voice mail. as long as the station has the display of old and new it should work. when sending calls to direct voicemail you do not place the call on hold, you just hit the button or dial the feat code and when the duisplay says send to: enter the ext number or hit the dss key for that phone.

To ken07734:I am aware of how to transfer the call into the VM ,now if you just transfer a call to that extention and nobody answers it will go to there VM, but if the DND is on it will come back to the extention that tried to send it saying transfer incomplete.

I don't believe that should happen, it should go to voicemail. I will test that on my switch tonight and see what happens....

DND should send the calls to vioce mail, however, when you said you are using a pickup key to answer calls, are they doing a pickup of the operators extension? This is nowhere in the books, but there are problems trying to transfer calls after the call has been answered using a pickup key. Try using a call coverage button instead. And make sure you do an inspect of your voice mail transfer buttons to make sure they are programmed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back