Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnestel

Programmer
May 10, 2012
US
I have a new extension that needs to be renumbered into the company's DID range. I did an Extension Directory print, saw that x5416 is missing, and called the xxx-xxx-5416. The operator answered, which means the DID is probably not in use, right? The operator confirmed that no one has that extension, so I renumbered the former 5452 to 5416. Added the extension to voicemail, labeled it, copied programming from another extension, verified it, etc. Then i called xxx-xxx-5416. I get "your call cannot be completed as dialed or has been disconnected.Please check your number or try your call again." WHAT?

What happens if you try and call X5416 from a system phone?

Calling the extension from a system phone worked. I must have dialed wrong when I first tested the DID, because it is missing from their DID range. We found a different unused extension and we're all set now. The customer is working with the PRI provider to get the 5416 number activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back