Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix coverage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi,

I have a question about doing a coverage group. What I would like to do is to have a group of 4 extensions to ring when any one dials one of the 4 extensions. How would I set that up? Would I have to program a button for each extension on each phone?

Thanks

Coverage GROUPS, by default, will ring one phone at a time. There is an option, depending on the release of your System, for an "ALL RING" option.

That being said, tell us your System and it's Version and Release, and we'll see what can be done.

Thanks Merlinman its magix 4.0 v7.0.....

Also can the system store caller id info?

Cover: Now we have to figure out what you want to ring, and how much programming you want to invest in this part. You said you want all 4 phones to ring when one is called. Of course, programming wise, the easiest thing to do would be to put a cover Button on each other's phone. But that would require using 3 Buttons on each phone. So I must ask, do the phones have that much "Real Estate" available?

Programming a Calling Group would be a lot more involved, but it can be done with the Magix.

Caller ID: It's "stored" long enough to get delivered to extensions when calls are sent to them, or transferred between them. Also, it is kinda stored in the SMDR data that can be sent to a printer or a Computer connected to the SMDR (serial) Port.

Station Records (including Caller ID) were usually sent to a Computer for purposes of Call Accounting. (Think of the record a Hotel makes of calls you have to pay for when you pay your bill)

What are you wanting to do with this info?

Hi merlinman,

Most of the phones I do have room for cover buttons, I think one I do not and one phone is a single line phone. I don't mind ding the programming.

Thanks

In reality, the SINGLE LINE PHONE has the same number of "BUTTONS" as all the other phones, and that number is 34. WHAT? Yes, they all are based on the ORIGINAL Merlin Phone System from the 80's and if you do a PRINT of any phone, you will see that they all show Buttons 1 to 34.

That being said, you CAN program additional Cover Buttons to the Single Line Phone, you just won't know what's ringing there.

If that's a Non-Issue, then you can do this (as with all the others) in the CENTRALIZED PROGRAMMING part of the Admin Software.

Let us know if you need anymore info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back